Petits Déjeuner


I've been thinking about the French a lot recently. They have a incredible passion for food and a way of approaching life so unlike us Americans. After reading several articles about "French Life" and "the French Paradox" I have been inspired to take some notes from the French. I had major insomnia last night so I think its time I get back into yoga in the mornings, something I enjoy. You will never find me cardio killing myself to death in a gym. I really do enjoy yoga, almost, if not, as much as I enjoy food. For lunch I was craving vegetables (comment surprenant!) so I decided to make a simple lunch full of color and flavor. I roasted a few vegetables, make one of my favorite mashes and topped it off with a runny egg and some strong cheese! Healthy satisfying food does not need to be complicated, frequently it merely involves slicing some vegetables and popping them in the oven! I hope you will be inspired to treat yourself to something you are craving, and take the time to make it yourself, its worth it!

20 minutes start to finish
Serves 1


Ingredients:

·      ¼ head of cauliflower
·      6 brussel sprouts
·      1 inch chunk of blue cheese
·      1 clove of garlic
·      ¼ red onion
·      1 egg
·      olive oil
·      cumin
·      salt
·      pepper


Preheat the oven to four hundred. Cut the brussel sprouts in half and a bit of the cauliflower into slices. Slice the red onion and arrange vegetables on a baking sheet with olive oil and salt, put them in the oven. Stem the remaining cauliflower with the garlic clove. When tender transfer into a bowl and puree with salt, pepper and cumin to taste. Poach 1 egg in simmering water until the yolk is just cooked. Arrange the vegetables (which should only take about fifteen minutes in the oven because they are sliced so thin), cauliflower mash, egg and cheese on your favorite plate. Bon appétit! 

Leave A Comment