Avocado White Bean Pesto


Last night in San Diego! Finals are done and I’m ready to relax and return to normalcy! My friend and I decided to through together a quick celebratory lunch before we part for the summer. Since my friend is an avocado fanatic I decided to make this light summer avocado white bean pesto. It's a great dip or if thinned out this extra virgin olive oil makes a great sauce for pasta. It’s creamy and satisfying…and surprising to some, its even vegan!
6/12/13
10 minutes start to finish
Serves 8
Ingredients:

·      1 avocado
·      1 can of white beans
·      2 cloves of garlic
·      juice of 1 lemon
·      2 cups of basil leaves
·      1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
·      salt to taste

Put all ingredients in a blender or food process, process until smooth and then dip a pita chip or cracker of your choosing and chow bella! 


Leave A Comment